Dr Suraj Munjal
MS (Opthalmology), MEDICAL DIRECTOR
Dr. Suraj is a renowned Eye Surgeon in Delhi – NCR region with a special interest in Anterior Segment Surgery especially Cornea Transplant, Refractive Surgery & Refractive Cataract Surgery.
He is heading one of the only few centers Registered for Cornea Transplant in New Delhi – NCR and is doing a very good number annually ( 150-200 approx) , with a lot of cases coming from India as well as many other parts of the world. Eg. Iraq, Afganistan, Nigeria, Mauritius, UAE, Australia.
His Mission & Vision is to take his brand name (Spectra Eye) to a level which is technically most advanced and thus submit a remarkable presence in Asian region.
- Trained at AJEH Mumbai & Tubingen, Germany
- Worked as a senior consultant at hospitals like Primus hospital & Lions eye Hospital New Delhi
- Pediatric ophthalmology
- Neuro Ophthalmology
- Refractive surgery
- He completed his MBBS from a very reputed Medical College ( PGIMS ROHTAK )
- Followed by MS (Ophthalmology) from a prestigious college (University College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi ).
- He did various Phaco Emulsification Fellowship & Comprehensive training at Tubingen, Germany.
- Clinical fellow of university hospital of Tuebingen (UKT, Germany)
- Consultant Eye Surgeon of Honorable Chief Minister of Mizoram, India.
- One of the two Renowned Eye Surgeons iN India performing Bright Ocular Surgery.
(One of the few around the world)
- Won the Best Paper Award at AIOS2008 for his thesis work.
- Being honored as a Faculty by DOS from last 3 consecutive years.
- Guest Speaker for Bausch & Lomb.
- Currently heading the Spectra Eye Centers ( Group of Eye Hospitals) at Delhi- NCR & Mauritius ( Refractive Centre)
- Clinically he is in Refractive Surgeries & Cornea transplants with wide variety of complicated & referred cases from different parts of the country as well as other countries.
- Head of Department, Ophthalmology at Fortis Hosptial, Shalimar Bagh, New Delhi.
- Previously worked with Reputed Government Hospitals at New Delhi ( i.e. RML & GTB Hospital)
Life member of :
- ESCRS ( European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeries)
- DOS ( Delhi Ophthalmologic Society)
- SSI ( Squint Society of India)