People are increasingly travelling across international borders to seek medical attention, known as medical tourism. However, the number of medical tourists has decreased due to the travel restrictions imposed during the COVID-19 epidemic. The Tourism Ministry reports that India experienced negative growth of 79.4% from 2010 to 2020. Despite this, the situation now appears to be improving due to the efforts to address the pandemic scenario. According to market research, demand is expected to grow at 19% CAGR in 2022.
The healthcare system in India combines ancient and modern medical practices, making it unique from other nations. As compared to other developed countries, India boasts top hospitals and medical professionals of the highest calibre. However, several other factors help in driving people to travel for medical care. The best medical tourism company in India comes with all services, including visa assistance, surgery, accommodation, and many more.
Why is India becoming more popular?
India’s healthcare industry has advanced significantly over the past 30 years, as seen by its notable accomplishments. One of the industries that have contributed the most to revenue and is expanding quickly is healthcare. Both public and private providers support the healthcare industry. Over the past few years, national health policies have been crucial in establishing a more inclusive healthcare system to achieve structured Universal Health Coverage (UHC).
Modern medical technology and highly skilled medical personnel are available in India. The World Health Organisation (WHO) and the US Food and Drug Administration support medical facilities and services (US FDA). Additionally, India provides more affordable treatment choices than developed countries such as the UK and US. Also, the success rate of treatment in India is high.
India has several significant advantages, including the following:
- It boasts top-notch physicians and medical facilities.
- The cost of treatment is considerably lower than in the source markets.
- For several medical procedures, there is no waiting period.
- Rising interest in India as a tourist destination in the west Combining Eastern Healthcare Wisdom with Western Medical Expertise
Measures Taken Up by the Ministry of Tourism:
The Ministry of Tourism has taken the following actions to promote India as a destination for medical and health tourism:
- On the government’s guidance, the Indian Healthcare Federation, a non-governmental organization associated with the Confederation of Indian Industry, has created a guide on specific Indian hospitals across the nation for “health tourism” purposes.
- All State Governments have received a copy of the accreditation standards for Ayurvedic and Panchkarma centres for implementation. These have been posted on the Ministry of Tourism website for more exposure.
- Additionally, the Ministry of Tourism has produced and widely disseminated brochures and CDs that cover the traditional system of medicine.
- Under the Ministry of Tourism’s “Incredible India Campaign,” yoga, Ayurveda, and wellness have been promoted over the past two years in print, electronic, online, and outdoor media.
Suggested read: Why Should You Choose India As Your Medical Tourism Destination?
In conclusion, India has a tremendous opportunity to realize and aggressively pursue luring medical tourists from other areas. The government has prioritized making India the centre of medical tourism. As a result of its efforts and the soaring demand, India will undoubtedly become the destination for all medical tourists in the future.
However, if you’re looking for the best medical tourism company in India, consider visiting Med Tour Advisors today. We extend our services to find the best doctor and hospital under your budget. Our team also makes sure to arrange everything from scratch, including scheduling appointments, finding accommodation, visa assistance, and many more.