Cataract Surgery In India With High Success Rate
Vision is a complex process that is incredible in its true essence. The power of vision is the reason you can read whatever is written here, right? Still, we did not stop a minute from paying heed to it and being grateful for our vision. Imagine waking up one morning and not being able to witness the beautiful world around you. Not being able to see the lush green trees, the endless blue skies, the tiny little birds or the brightly shining sun. It is nerve-wracking, isn’t it? Similarly, losing the power to not even see their near and dear ones will be the ultimate test for someone who has recently lost their vision, say, due to a cataract.
If you or your loved one is dealing with a loss of vision, ensure you get the right treatment at the right time. Get associated with Med Tour Advisors today to find the best Cornea specialist in India.
Cataract: What is it?
A cataract is a common age-related eye condition that involves the natural translucent lens becoming clouded. Neither can be treated with medicines or with lenses. Thus, people suffering from Cataract are required to undergo surgery.
When protein clumps begin to build up in the lens, the cataract phenomenon takes place. The natural lens of the eye develops a white, opaque film. As a result, blocking light from passing through and reaching the retina.
As the Cataract becomes deeper, yellow or brown discolouration frequently happens. Age-related lens protein degradation and increased density of the hazy area lead to total vision loss.
The causes of cataract formation
- Ageing: Cataracts are more likely to develop in those over the age of 60.
- Exposure: Prolonged exposure to UV radiation can harm the eyes and lead to cataracts.
- Diabetes: People with conditions like diabetes are more prone to develop a cataract.
- Injury-related: An eye injury may result in a cataract or even total blindness.
- Drug-induced: Long-term use of steroids and other prescription medications can cause cataracts;
Advantages Of Undergoing Cataract Surgery
It is one of the only medical procedures that can figuratively turn back the hands of time since many patients experience vision that is similar to their youthful vision. Among the advantages are the following:
- Increase Colour Vision: After the Cataract is removed, colours are no longer tainted by its influence. After surgery, colours will be much more vivid and colourful.
- Increased Independence: Many cataract surgery patients see clearly enough to drive again when their eyesight has been restored.
- Better Quality Of Life: A good vision boosts interest and engagement in the enjoyable aspects of life. When vision is better, hobbies, employment, and enjoying friends’ company become easier.
- Enhance Clarity Of Vision: This usually results in increased visual clarity. Sharper and clearer eyesight makes it easier to read and watch television.
Types Of Cataract Surgery
Phacoemulsification is the most typical surgical technique. With only a little sedation, it takes less than 30 minutes. A small incision is created across the cornea’s edge during this treatment, which makes a hole through the membrane that covers the lens. A tiny ultrasonic probe is put into this aperture to use sound waves as a jackhammer to shatter the lens into tiny pieces. An attachment on the probe tip is used to suction the fractured pieces together. The lens capsule in the eye is then implanted with an intraocular lens by inserting a hollow tube through the corneal incision.
Extracapsular Cataract Surgery
This procedure is done when the Cataract is too dense for phacoemulsification and is at a very advanced stage. In this surgery, a larger cut is made to eliminate the Cataract as a whole rather than in pieces. After removal, the intraocular lens is put in the same capsule as the Cataract. Several stitches are then used to close the wound, and an eye patch is frequently advised.
Intracapsular Cataract Surgery
Surgery for intracapsular cataracts involves a larger incision than the other two procedures because the entire lens and surrounding capsule are removed during this procedure. After that, the iris is covered by the intraocular lens.
Laser Cataract Surgery
This surgery is also called “Refractive laser-assisted cataract surgery”.In this process, Femtosecond laser technology is used, raising the precision and accuracy to a new level. A corneal incision is an initial stage, followed by an anterior capsulotomy in which the front portion of the capsule is removed to provide the surgeon direct access to the hazy lens. The laser breaks the lens into pieces, softening it in the process. After that, the intraocular lens is positioned.
What Happens During Cataract Eye Surgery?
During cataract surgery, surgeons remove the hazy intraocular lens and replace it with a clear artificial one (IOL).
Step 1: Your ophthalmologist could ask you to avoid eating anything heavy for up to six hours before cataract surgery. In order to stop bleeding during the procedure, you could also be advised to discontinue taking any medications. The procedure for cataract surgery is a daycare.
Step 2: Eye drops or injections will be used to numb your eyes. Even though you won’t be asleep during the procedure, you won’t experience any pain.
Step 3: A camera, ultrasound, and scanning device are used to map the patient’s eye and collect data on the lens during robotic cataract surgery or Femto cataract. The computer uses this information to programme the laser to make the precise incisions needed for the surgery.
Step 4: Compared to the 20mm incision produced during LASIK operations or the 8mm one used during PRK procedures, the incision made during SMILE surgery is only 2mm broad.
Step 5: As cataract surgery is a simple treatment, the tiny incision is typically closed without using stitches, and you are free to leave after the process. Surgeons may use stitches to close the small incision if it is necessary to cover it. Your eye will be covered with a patch or safety glasses to aid in a speedy recovery.
What happens after cataract surgery?
- Your surgeon will perform a post-op evaluation immediately following the cataract procedure and will provide you with some recovery recommendations.
- As driving is not advised right after surgery, arrange for a driver to take you back home.
- Following the procedure, you will receive prescription medication eye drops that you must use for a few weeks.
- You will be recommended not to engage in physically taxing activities like engaging in intense exercise, heavy weight lifting, etc.
- Additionally, you will be advised to protect your eyes from dust and other irritants. When you’re in the shower, keep your eyes closed. Wait three weeks before rushing to the hot baths or the pool.
Who Qualifies as a Cataract Surgery Candidate?
Below are a few symptoms that make you a candidate for Cataract Surgery:
- Distorted vision
- A lack of night vision
- Less vibrant or “washed out” colours
- Around lights at night, there is glare and haloing
- Responsiveness to light
- The requirement for regular adjustments to your eyewear prescription
What is the Cataract Surgery Success Rate in India?
In India, 95% of cataract surgeries performed today using cutting-edge techniques and cutting-edge technology are successful. Additionally, there is a very small chance that someone who has cataract surgery may go blind. There is typically another underlying ocular problem, such as age-related macular degeneration (ARMD) or diabetic retinopathy, in those few patients for whom surgery does not enhance vision.
What is the cost of Cataract surgery in India?
When it comes to affordable medical care, India is the most popular destination. Depending on the city and hospital one chooses to have the procedure done in, the cost of a cataract operation in India ranges from Rs 8000 to Rs 15000. International patients can get affordable cataract treatment in India.
How Can Med Tours Advisors Help?
Med Tour Advisors can help you connect with the best and finest eye surgeons in town. Reach out to us and connect with surgeons who have decades of experience in Lasik surgery in India and abroad. We ensure that you enjoy the beauty of this beautiful nature till time immemorial. Do not let poor vision or a cloudy one be a roadblock to your experience of perceiving the world.
Answer. It varies from person to person. However, a normal individual may take from a few days up to 3 months at max. The person can expect to see the magnificent world around in a couple of days after the surgery. At the same time, it can take a total of 3 months to get back to normal vision. If the required care, such as not rubbing or applying pressure, putting the prescribed drops on time and wearing an eye shield, can help speed up the recovery process.
Answer. Yes, for most of the patients, the ability to see comes back to normal conditions after the Lasik surgery. However, some follow-up corrective surgery may be required in some patients. This is because, in Lasik, the eye’s tissues are being treated for the changes. There can always be a certain percentage of variability in how one’s eye(s) recover after Lasik surgery in India.
Answer. Med Tours Advisors is a panel of expert consultants that can help those in need of medical aid to connect with the finest doctors. They can avail themselves of the best medical services at the most affordable prices. One won’t have to go about finding the doctors one at a time. Get expert advice and fasten the procedure.
Helping Our Patients and their Families Get Back to What Matters Most. Choose from the top hospitals for the best Cataract surgery in India.
Our Country Specific Services
- Cataract surgery For Nigeria Patients
- Cataract surgery For Ghana Patients
- Cataract surgery For Zimbabwe Patients
- Cataract surgery For Tanzania Patients
- Cataract surgery For Ethopia Patients
- Cataract surgery For Liberia Patients
- Cataract surgery For Zambia Patients
- Cataract surgery For Uganda Patients
Would you like to consult a doctor for Cataract surgery in India?
Get an Associate with us today!
Maintenance of excellence in Healthcare:
Our mission is to bring high-quality healthcare within reach of every individual
Connect with the best hospitals in India:
We at Med Tour Advisors ensure you get the top specialists for Cataract Surgery.