Dr. Sonal Gupta
Neuro Surgery & Spine Surgery M.Ch. (Neurosurgery), DNB (Neurosurgery)
Dr. Sonal Gupta has 21 years of neurosurgical experience. She has done her MCh.Neurosurgical training from Sree Chitra Institute of Medical Sciences, Kerala a premier research institute of India. She was declared as a best outgoing student of the institute.She is one of the few neurosurgeons of India holding M. Ch. and DNB neurosurgery degrees. She has worked as an Assistant Professor in AllMS and as an associate of Prof.Misra in P.O. Hinduja Hospital, Mumbai.
To widen her neurosurgical horizon, she went to England and has worked in Salford Royal Hospital, Manchester. It was a Multispecialty NHS hospital well equipped with all new neurosurgical gadgets namely frameless stereotaxy, intra-operative ultrasound, preoperative and diagnostic Doppler, image guided surgery, Midas and Black max power drill systems and Neuro endoscope.
- She has worked in North West Delhi for 18 years in renowned hospitals and reated more than 5000 head injury cases, operated complex brain hemorrhage cases, brain tumors including paediatric and skull base tumors. She has done more than 2000 cases of spine decompression and fixations and maintains a keen interest KEY HOLE SPINE SURGERY. She has her own base of international patients from Iraq, Nigeria, Kenya Bangladesh and Nepal. She has been doing specialized OPDs in Bangladesh.
- She has been part of various forums for Prevention of Head Injury. She has been actively involved in developing Neurosurgery departments in various hospitals in Northwest Delhi. She dedicates specials efforts in training nurses for neuro OT and neuro care of patients. She has given lectures to RWA society to promote proper spine care and stress on myths and facts of spine diseases.She has various publications and paper presentations to her name.
- KEY HOLE SPINE SURGERY
- MANAGEMENT OF TB SPINE
- INTRAMEDULLARY SPINAL TUMORS
- BRAIN – SKULL BASE TUMORS
- MINICRANIOTOMY FOR BRAIN HEMORRHAGES
- PAEDIATRIC POSTERIOR FOSSA TUMORS PROPAGATION OF PREVENTION OF HEAD INJURY IN INDIA
Joined Army Medical Corps in Oct 1977 and served till Jan 2006 Took voluntary retirement in Jan 2006
Professor & Senior Consultant Medical Oncology
Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre, > Rohini Sector V, New Delhi 110085
- Association of Physicians of India (API)
- Indian Society of Medical and Paediatric Oncology (ISMPO)
- Indian Society of Oncology (ISO)
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Indian Cooperative Oncology Network (ICON)
Special Areas of Interest
- Doctor Patient Communication skills
- Weekly chemotherapy in solid tumours
- Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in carcinoma cervix, esopahgus and head and neck tumours.
- Cancer Awareness Programmes amongst Professionals and Students
- Medical Informatics